PEARTREE LIFE: Experiencing Languages

Introducing…


Hello, my name is Emma and I will be new intern at  Peartree Languages for the next month.
I’m from Sona, a little village near Verona, known for the famous story of Romeo and Juliet, in Italy.


Verona, the town of the famous story of Romeo and Juliet
I’m a cheerful and open-minded person, I attend a Marketing and Languages school in Italy and I’m here in Cardiff to improve my English and my professional skills. Last year our teacher talked to us about the possibility of spending a month abroad with a European project, “Erasmus +”, and I immediately took the opportunity.


Emma at Peartree Languages

I had already been in Great Britain (Totnes, Devon) with another project the summer before, so when I discovered “Erasmus +” I just had to apply! In fact the first time I fell in love with this country and I couldn’t wait to return here. I am young so I didn’t have much experience: I had never worked in my whole life, the longest time I had stayed abroad without my family was two weeks, and even in that case I was with a large group of friends, and the only bus I had ever taken was the one to go to school, so this for me was a very big and important experience, the bravest thing I have ever done in my life.


So on the 31st May a group of 22 students from different parts of north Italy and I left our country to come here to Cardiff, each of us with a different host-family and a different work-placement. I was very scared about it at first, new city, new house, different food, new friends, but now every concern has flown away: Cardiff is such a beautiful and lovely city and everyone is so nice and friendly! Staying here I hope to improve my pronunciation, my English competence, my work skills, to make new friends and last but not least I hope to become more self-confident and more independent.

I look forward to having a great time in Cardiff and here at Peartree!
Share on Google Plus

About Peartree Languages

Peartree Languages is a language school located in Cardiff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment