PEARTREE LIFE: Experiencing Languages

Introducing…

Hi there! I am Jasmin, a 21-year-old student from the town of Saarbrücken in the south-west of Germany. I study English and Translation at my home university. I will be working as an intern at Peartree Languages for the next 6 months and I’m looking forward to the experience.


My interest in languages has always been strong as I live near the French border and I started learning it at school. English followed soon after and, later on, I decided to add Italian to the mix. This led me to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in languages, more specifically in English. I am happily studying literature, culture and the joys of linguistics. The latter is now my favourite and I love working on projects about English particularities, such as my last project which concerned bilingual speakers of South African English and Afrikaans. It’s quite interesting to do research on such topics and then connect them to cultural circumstances.


In addition to that, I like visiting foreign countries and have been going on trips to Italy, France and the UK to get a feeling of these countries and their cultures. The most recent one was a holiday in California, where we rented an RV and took a road trip up to San Francisco and then down along the coast. It was a great opportunity to speak with different people and learn from their cultures.


That’s why I planned to do my semester abroad in a lively city with lots of culture and activities. Cardiff was the perfect choice! I already enjoy living in the city as there is always something to do. Some of my outside interests are reading, hiking, the arts, politics and cooking. I already feel welcome in Cardiff and I have met some amazing people.

If you ever need some help you can always find me at the welcome desk. Bis bald!
Share on Google Plus

About Peartree Languages

Peartree Languages is a language school located in Cardiff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment