PEARTREE LIFE: Experiencing Languages

Introducing...


Hey, my name is Diana and will welcome you at the reception from now on during my internship at Peartree Languages!

I am 22 years old and was born in Lima/ Peru. My mum is from Peru but as my dad is German, I grew up in Germany, on the North Sea. When I was little my parents and I flew often to Lima in order to visit my grandparents.

When it was time to start university I moved to Mannheim and during my bachelor in business I spent one semester abroad in Spain. It was an interesting time because I got to know many students from all around the world and experienced how university is in this country.

Diana at Peartree Languages
Last summer I finished my bachelor and decided to gain more practical experience abroad. Latin America seemed to me to be a good choice because I wanted to live and work in a country which is part of my origin. For this reason I was in Mexico City for half a year at the German- Mexican Chamber of Commerce as a project assistant.

Diana in Seville during her semester abroad
My colleagues were very nice and I got some experience in organizing events, workshops or delegation journeys and I worked on some market analysis or business partner research. Before this time, I had never lived in such a big city. There are always so many people on the streets, many street sellers in the metro, the traffic doesn't really follow any rules and you see the difference between rich and poor people living so close to each other. I liked being there with other interns and talking during the lunch time about the economy or about our impressions and possible solutions to improve life in such a big city or how to release the big potential of so many people who don’t have access to a good education.

Diana in Mexico City
After coming back, I stayed for a few days at my parent’s place, visited some friends and then came to Cardiff. It is the first time I have been in Wales. After this very big city, Mexico, which is not so close to the sea, I think it is a good time to be in Cardiff. I would like to improve my English and of course to get some impressions of how people think here about the European Union and how life is. When I was in Spain for my semester abroad I noticed, that even if the country is part of Europe and even if it is so close to your own country, there are different habits for example or some other little different things in everyday life.

I am looking forward to having a great time at Peartree Languages and in general in Cardiff, to learn a lot and to make new friends!

Diana

Share on Google Plus

About Peartree Languages

Peartree Languages is a language school located in Cardiff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment