PEARTREE LIFE: Experiencing Languages

Introducing...

Hi everyone! I'm Everton Machado and I'm the academic manager at Peartree Languages.

Everton at Peartree Languages
I'm 35 years old and I've been an English teacher for nearly half of my life (since 2000), having spent most of this time in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and in Bournemouth, England.

I've always enjoyed different languages and cultures (and used to spend hours of my childhood surrounded by encyclopaedia books), which led me to study Linguistics and Portuguese at university. Later on, I also managed to complete my master's in Linguistics at Universidade de Sao Paulo.

Everton's dog Dot is a bit of bookworm too
I find teaching language an amazing experience. As a teacher, I like to create a fun and relaxing environment in which students feel confident to use the language and overcome any barriers they might face. My objective is to always teach language in context, focusing on its use and making it relevant to our learners. I particularly like working with pronunciation and rhythm in English.




I'm a bit of a bookworm and I love reading comics, poetry, fantasy literature and sci-fi. I absolutely love taking landscape photos, travelling and going for a nice ramble with Dot, my 12-year-old sausage dog. Now that I've been living in Cardiff, it's great to enjoy the Welsh countryside, and one of my favourite places to spend the day is the Brecon Beacons National Park.

Everton in the Brecon Beacons
Hope to see you at Peartree soon!
Share on Google Plus

About Peartree Languages

Peartree Languages is a language school located in Cardiff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment