PEARTREE LIFE: Experiencing Languages

Introducing...

Hello! My name is Margherita, I am 24 years old and I will be at Peartree for four months thanks to the Erasmus+ programme.

Margherita at Peartree Languages 
I come from Terni, a city in central Italy known mostly because of the tallest man-made waterfall in the world: the Cascata delle Marmore (Mamore’s waterfall).


On the 27th of January, I graduated from University with a Master’s degree in Modern Languages, in particular English and Spanish. It was one of my greatest achievements and I am really proud of it. I have studied in Rome for five years and the main focus of my studies has been English and American literature.


I spent all last year researching for my dissertation on how popular science texts from the Victorian age may have influenced Conan Doyle’s writing. More specifically, I focused not only on his most famous A Study in Scarlet, the first novel about his timeless character Sherlock Holmes, but also on The Lost World, a scientific romance which inspired the writing of Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. I read so many interesting popular science books and articles from the Victorian period and I was very happy with all the things I have learnt and for being able to make even the smallest contribution to literary studies. I could stay here for days talking about literature but I think I have bored you enough.



I chose to study languages mostly because of my passion for English literature, but also because I love being able to see things from different perspectives and I think it is a type of knowledge that makes you able to grasp some details that not everyone is able to look at, it can open your mind and enrich your soul. I love traveling too, mainly for the same reasons mentioned above. I really like to observe people, I am a very quiet person. I like art in general, reading, listening to music, and sometimes if I have some spare time I like to paint with watercolors. I watch a lot of tv series and films. Also, last but not least, I love food, I consider cooking an art and I like to try different types of cuisines.

My family means the world to me, they always encourage me to pursue my dreams and to believe in myself. So here I am, at the start of this new period of my life, hoping to improve myself but also to leave something positive to the people I will meet.
Share on Google Plus

About Peartree Languages

Peartree Languages is a language school located in Cardiff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment