PEARTREE LIFE: Experiencing Languages

Introducing...


Elen Roberts, Teacher at Peartree Languages since October 2014

Hello, I'm a new English language tutor at Peartree Languages. Currently I only give individual lessons but I'm hoping to teach group and/or junior courses next summer.

Me during the Wales v Fiji match (hence the red dragon face paint)
I was born and raised in Cardiff and my first language is Welsh. I think being raised with two mother tongues made me eager to learn more languages, as they unlock new cultures and ways of thinking. At university I studied French and German. The best part of this was getting to spend the third year of my degree working in Munich, Nantes and Grenoble. From each city I took away something different.

After graduating in 2012, I completed my CELTA teaching certificate and moved to Hamburg. There I taught English to children and teenagers for a year. I then spent almost a year in Berlin tutoring adults and university students, so all in all I've experienced the full age range! I enjoy teaching because it enables me to meet interesting people from all over the world and learn about their countries and professions.

I hope to meet many more Peartree students over this year and the next.

Hwyl am y tro!

(Bye for now in Welsh)

Share on Google Plus

About Peartree Languages

Peartree Languages is a language school located in Cardiff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment