PEARTREE LIFE: Experiencing Languages

Introducing Elena - our new intern from Italy!


Meet Elena, our intern from Italy, who will be working with us for four weeks. In this week's blog post, Elena tells us about the town she grew up in and what brought her to Cardiff:

Hello!

I am Elena and I come from San Gregorio nelle Alpi, a small mountain town an hour from Venice, in Italy.

It is very quiet and green and it's known mainly for the presence of the National Park of the Dolomites. In my town there are the Dolomites and here, simply walking through the woods, you can see a lot of animals that live here like ibex, deer, foxes and sometimes even wolves. My house is surrounded by woods and when I wake up in the morning, I open the windows and I can see the Monte Pizzocco mountains. In the summer I can often see a group of 5 or 6 deer eating the grass from my garden... They are so beautiful!
I love my country because it is so welcoming, with lots of friendly people and wonderful landscapes, but I also love travelling to meet other people, other cultures and traditions.

I went abroad for the first time when I was 6 years old and from there I developed my love of travelling. I have visited Austria many times, because it is a country near my town.
This summer I went to London for a study trip with my best friend for 2 weeks in June and then I went to Edinburgh, in Scotland, with a group of my school mates thanks to a European project that decided to send us to study there for 2 weeks.


Finally, 4 months ago I decided to join the project Erasmus+ and I was chosen to come for 5 weeks here in Cardiff, where I spent a week doing a language course in a local school. Now I am doing an internship at Peartree languages for the remaining 4 weeks of my stay.

I love this city and I hope to have fun and improve my English because, after the graduation exam that I will do next year, I would like to go to an IT university and take courses entirely in English.


For the next 4 weeks, I'll be working at the reception desk with Oriana, please come and say hi and if you need anything, I'll be more than happy to help with any inquiries. 

Share on Google Plus

About Peartree Languages

Peartree Languages is a language school located in Cardiff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment