PEARTREE LIFE: Experiencing Languages

Introducing...


Hey, my name is Michelle and I’m 18 years old. I come from a small town near Heidelberg, which is in the south-west of Germany near France. In Germany I live with my parents and my younger sister, who just turned 11 years old. For the next four weeks I’m going to work for Peartree Languages.
Michelle at Peartree Languages

Michelle during her visit in Oslo, Sweden


My company in Germany (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) offered me an internship during my training as industrial business management assistant in another country. I took this opportunity and I’m glad that I now have the chance to improve my English, learn more about Wales and become a little bit more independent.

Michelle with her little sister on a cruise boat

The Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) was founded at the 1st of October in 2009. It combines the tasks of a university of the state of Baden-Wuerttemberg with those of a research centre of the Helmholtz Association in the areas of research, teaching and innovation – it’s basically one of the biggest research and education institutions worldwide. In 2014 the KIT had more than 9 500 employees, 25 000 students and 500 trainees.

Michelle took this picture during her visit in Amsterdam 

The Branderburg Gate in Berlin, Germany

I’m really interested in foreign countries – so one of my favourite free time activities is travelling. Whenever I’ve got the chance I pack my suitcase and start a trip. This year I have already visited Amsterdam (Netherlands), Stavanger (Norway), Gothenburg (Sweden), Oslo (Sweden), Copenhagen (Denmark), Palma de Mallorca (Spain), Kiel (Germany), Konstanz (Germany) and Berlin (Germany),and now I’m in Cardiff. It’s the first time that I have travelled on my own and one part of me was really scared when I had to say goodbye to my family and friends but the other part is becoming more and more excited. So I’m looking forward to my time at Peartree Languages!


Share on Google Plus

About Peartree Languages

Peartree Languages is a language school located in Cardiff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment