PEARTREE LIFE: Experiencing Languages

Introducing...


My Name is Ivonn and I will work in the office of Peartree Languages for 3 weeks. I’m 19 years old and I live in a small village near Hanover, which is in Germany.

Ivonn at Peartree Languages
I live in a house together with my parents, grandparents and my two brothers. One of them is 21 years old and lives in Australia at the moment and the other is just 11 and goes to school in Germany.

Ivonn with her dance group
In my free time I like doing sports. I’m a member of a sports club, where I did jazz-dance for 9 years. It was always fun because we were a group of 10 girls and we practised 2 days a week for about 3 hours. We also took part in different competitions to see if we had improved. I've been a member of a gym since January 2015 as well. I’m a very open-minded person who enjoys going out with friends and meeting new people.

After I finished school I decided to do a social year in a kindergarten. I worked with children between 1 and 3 years old. I really enjoyed helping and supporting them with every daily task. I had to do different seminars, because there were parts of the social year. One of the seminars was in Taize, France, and this was my favourite one. During this time I met a lot of new people and I have also kept in touch with some of them. It was a really good time. Since August 2014 I have been training to become an office management assistant at the police department in Hanover. This training takes 3 years, so I’m still at the beginning. It’s called “dual system” in Germany because I have to work 3 days a week and on the other 2 days I have to go to the school. It’s very interesting work because I get to see many tasks which police officers do which are not common in usual office work.

Ivonn in Wales
I was also allowed to join the officers for two weeks to get to know what they have to do every day. After my training at the office of the police department I will apply for the police academy in Germany to study and become a police officer. I’m not the only girl at the police department who is training to become an office management assistant. There are three other girls who started at the same time and we became really good friends.

Our school offered us the possibility of going abroad to improve our language skills for up to 6 weeks and all of us decided to apply. After some weeks we received the acceptance from our school and it was time to get ready for the trip to Cardiff. It was a long journey from my home village. I had to get to Hanover before taking the train to Düsseldorf airport. From there I flew to Amsterdam and from Amsterdam to Cardiff. Now I have been here for almost 3 weeks and time is passing so fast. I’m looking forward to gaining new experience, to improve my English and to
have a great time at Peartree Languages!
Share on Google Plus

About Peartree Languages

Peartree Languages is a language school located in Cardiff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment