PEARTREE LIFE: Experiencing Languages

Introducing...


Hello! My name is James and I’m an English language tutor, here at Peartree Languages. I have been teaching here since August 2014 and in that time I have taught group and one-to-one lessons to people of all ages from many different parts of the world. It is always fascinating for me to learn about other cultures and ways of life, so talking to all my brilliant students and finding out more about where they come from is one of the best parts of my job!



Before I came to teach at Peartree, I worked in a High School, teaching music and composition to GCSE and A level students. I also gave piano and music theory lessons in the evenings and I still go back there every Sunday to teach piano. As well as teaching music, I also play music – as often as I can! I play keyboards in the heavy metal band, Preacher (check us out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZxQ2-F1bVY) and I’m a member of Bagad Morgannwg, a group which is working to revive the Welsh bagpiping tradition (yes, that really is a thing). So, from classical piano, to heavy metal keyboards, via traditional Welsh folk music (I also play really bad Jazz trumpet!), keep your eyes peeled around Cardiff, and you might see me in one of my many musical incarnations!

Bagad Morgannwg playing at the St David’s Day celebrations at Cardiff Castle in 2014 (I’m the hairy one in the middle)
Well, that about wraps it up for now. If you want to find out more, you’ll have to come down to see us at Peartree. I hope to see you soon!
Share on Google Plus

About Peartree Languages

Peartree Languages is a language school located in Cardiff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment