PEARTREE LIFE: Experiencing Languages

Guess Who’s Back?

You may have met him a while ago at Peartree...













… and after spending most of the last two years teaching abroad, we are more than glad to say that Jon Letson’s back!!!

Our pre-intermediate students were really excited to get to know him better. Have a look at some of the questions they asked:

How long have you been a teacher?
I’ve been a teacher for 15 years!

Where were you born?
I was born in Manchester.

What’s your favourite song? Why?
It’s an Iron Maiden song that reminds me of when I was younger.

How do you feel about teaching English to different nationalities?
It’s amazing! It’s really interesting because I can see different worlds and it opens my mind to many different things.

Can you tell me an interesting story that happened to you in class?
Of course! About 3 years ago, one of my students went on holiday and brought the class a gift when he came back. It was a food box so the teacher and other students could try some typical food from his country. When the student opened the box, everybody was shocked! All students started screaming and running out of the class. The box was full of grilled spiders! The student ate some, trying to convince the other students: Look! It’s delicious! I don’t think anybody wanted to taste it.

Which country would you like to travel to?
I’d love to travel to Japan! Mainly because you can see the old and the new together! It must be really interesting.

Thank you so much, Jon! And welcome back! =)

Share on Google Plus

About Peartree Languages

Peartree Languages is a language school located in Cardiff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment